In my opinion these are some of the very best books in signal processing. (not in any particular order)
- Continuous and Discrete Time Signals and Systems Mrinal Mandal , Amir Asif
- Understanding Digital Signal Processing by Richard G. Lyons, Prentice Hall
- Digital Communications, Fundamental and Applications by Bernard Sklar, Prentice Hall
- Digital and Analog Communication Systems by Leon W. Couch II, Prentice Hall
- Digital Signal Processing in Communication Systems by Marvin E Frerking, Van Nostrand Reinhold
- Digital Satellite Communications by Tri T. Ha, McGraw Hill Publishing
- Digital Modulation and Coding by Stephen G. Wilson, Prentice hall
- Electronic Filter Design Handbook by Arthur B. Williams and Fred J. Taylor, McGraw Hill
- Principles of Communication Systems by Herbert Taub and Donal Schlling, McGraw Hill
- Modern Communications and Spread Spectrum by George R. Cooper and Clare D. McGillem, McGraw Hill
- Satellite Communications by Dennis Roddy, McGraw Hill. This is one of the best satellite systems books there is.
Books that would appeal to the scientific mind.
- How Radio Signals Work by Jim Sinclair, McGraw Hill
- Hilbert by Constance Reid
- Who is Fourier, A Mathematical Adventure by Translational College of Lex
- e: The Story of a Number
- The Joy of Pi
- To Infinity and Beyond
- Euler, the Master of us All
- Archimedes: What Did He Do Beside Cry Eureka?
- The New Ambidextrous Universe: Symmetry…
- Digital Communication by Andy Bateman, Addison-Wesley, A good book for an engineer who would like to learn a bit more about communications. Concepts are explained clearly and simply with great pictures. The book also comes with a CD-ROM.
- A Mathematical Yarn by Phillip Davis – A beautifully written book that starts with the mathematician Davis quest for the correct spelling of the last name of Tchebycheff (?) and the meaning of his very unusual first name. Unusally well written, a wonderful read. And if you like this one, here is one more by this author Thomas the philosopher cat
The Reading Lesson by Charan Langton